Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dave Niehaus, the passing of a legend


Sad day today for Mariners fans; really baseball fans in general. Hall of Fame broadcaster for the Seattle Mariners, Dave Niehaus, passed away today. But I'm not the type of person who dwells on sadness, so I will keep this bright and brief. My life has been filled with great memories, for as long as I have memories about baseball, because of Dave Niehaus. Today is a celebratory day, and tomorrow will be the same as we get to listen to some of Dave's greatest calls on the radio all day (you could argue he made every call great). Dave taught me how to win and how to lose with equal dignity, and his booming voice will be missed in the broadcast booth. I can't wait to one day play back his calls for my kids.

My, oh my.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/flatpages/sports/mariners/rememberingdaveniehaus.html


No comments:

Post a Comment